Unless otherwise stated booklets available at Thames School of Mines & Trade Me, & The Treasury.
BUILDING THAMES Landmarks on the Thames Goldfield
A small A5 booklet full of colour photos, 36 pages. The booklet was prepared with the assistance of the Thames Historical Museum to showcase the replica buildings constructed of Mr T Egan. This is part of the journey with the ‘Heritage Rescue’ Choice TV programme, where a new gallery was constructed at the museum. There is background on 28 buildings. Published September 2016. Available at Thames Museum only.
HOTELS OF THAMES The A to Z of Hotels on the Thames Goldfield.
A4, 104 pages soft cover. Hotel names, publicans and snippets, plus photographs where available. ISBN 978-0-473-39636-7 *****NEW JUNE 2017****
Old Thames Landmarks. A5-sized booklet, 34 pages with photos. ISBN: 978-0-9922507-3-7 REVISED EDITION September 2015.
*****Correction needed to first copies. Page 21 line 5 should read "corner of Grey and Pollen Streets." (found 30/10/2015) **CORRECTIONS 9/11/2015. Formatting changes to index - borders removed. Brackets removed from dates under photos.
LOST LANDMARKS II on the Thames Goldfield A5 soft-covered 40 page booklet. ISBN 978-0-473-38310-7
Covers a new set of lost landmarks, with some duplications from the Building Thames booklet that was published for The Thames Museum.
******Index Corrections: (24/6/2017) Bank of New South Wales page 1; Hargreaves, Stapleton & Rolfe Page 3 (NOT 2); Poulgrain Page 3 (NOT 2); Wilson A H Page 3 (NOT 2);.
NURSES OF THAMES: A History of Registered Nurse Training at the Thames Hospital.Version1: A4 soft-covered book, 116 pages, with many photos, newspaper clippings, fully indexed.
ISBN: ISBN 978-0-9922507-7-5
VERSION 4 120 pages ISBN 978-0-475-35321-6 MORE PAGES and information, spiral bound. AVAILABLE NOW
OUR PEOPLE OUR STORIES
Snippets from the Oral History Collection at The Treasury. A5-sized booklets of 26 pages and 34 pages. Book 1 ISBN: 978-0-9922507-0-6 and Book 2 ISBN:978-0-9922507-1-3 Available at The Treasury, Thames
PLAYING SPORT ON THE THAMES GOLDFIELDS 1867 – 1920 A5-sized booklet, 42 pages. ISBN: 978-0-9922507-4-4 UPDATED/Altered Booklet published December 2015.STREETS OF THAMES: The A to Z of Streets past and present68 Page soft cover, A4 booklet with photos throughout and colour as per available image. Published Feb 2016. Covers an A to Z of Thames Streets from the goldfield opening August 1867 to present day for Thames. Includes history, maps and resource suggestions for researching Thamesites who lived at Thames
Page 55 Once there, was ADD comma after there. Then further down page delete 2nd
· ALFRED STREET (Grahamstown). Around 1938 Council changed this street (Cochrane to Pahau Street) to be part of Mackay Street. (Thames Star, 3 February 1938)
· BEACH ROAD. Around 1938 Council changed a portion of Beach Road (Cochrane to Mary Street) to be part of Brown Street. (Thames Star, 3 February 1938)
· BOWEN PLACE. Named after ‘old’ Bowen Street. The first Bowen Street was incorporated into Rolleston Street, so the ‘unused name’ was transferred to a new street at Parawai in 1967. (Thames Star, 4 April 1967
· DANBY STREET. In June 1976, the Thames-Coromandel District Council named the unnamed street adjacent to the old Shortland Cemetery as Danby Street (Vernon Street to Hauraki Terrace). In honour of the late Mr Stan Danby, past Thames Borough Council Member and Deputy-Mayor. A WWI veteran, Mr Danby was acknowledged nationally for his gardening knowledge and related awards. The street had previously unofficially known as Cemetery Road. (Thames Star, 24 June 1976)
· EDWARD STREET. In 1938 it was proposed to use this name in finality; and discontinue the use of ‘Tommy’s Lane’. (Thames Star, 3 February 1938)
· GRAHAM STREET (Thames). Around 1938, Graham Street (Tararu) was incorporated into Tararu Road. The name Graham Street was assigned to the short unnamed street between The Terrace and Hill Street. (Thames Star, 3 February 1938)
· MARGARET PLACE. Confirmation that the street was named after past Mayoress Mrs S (Margaret) Ensor in 1967. (Thames Star, 4 April 1967)
· TARARU ROAD. Around 1938, Tararu Road incorporated Graham Street (Tararu); extending from Tararu Creek to Burke Street. (Thames Star, 3 February 1938}
· THE TERRACE. Confirmation in 1938 that the street should be called ‘The Terrace’ and NOT ‘Terrace Street’. (Thames Star, 3 February 1938)
· WAIOTAHI ROAD. In 1958 it was discovered that the road had never been formally legalised as a street or road; although having been used for that purpose for decades. (Thames Star, 29 April 1958)
THAMES FIRSTS: SPECIAL EVENTS ON THE THAMES GOLDFIELDS
A5 size, 37 pages, with photos. ISBN: 978 0 9922508 4 3 REVISED EDITION September 2015.
*****CORRECTIONS: Page 32. First line Thames High School opened on the 5th April 1880, not 1980
Page 34. Thomas Rowley, an ex-Thamesite recalled the event not even.
NOTE: Matatoke is the early spelling for present day Matatoki.
THAMES GOLDFIELD SCHOOLS: The A to Z of Schools 1867-2017 *****NEW 5/2017*****
A4 88 Pages soft cover. Overview of all known schools on the Goldfield.
THAMES MEMORIALS & PLAQUES
A4 soft-covered 44 page book. A bit of the history, dates and background to memorials ranging from the opening of buildings to our World War Soldiers. Schools, churches, hospital and library are just some of the buildings covered. Plus the more unusual such as seats, heritage signs, gates and sculptures. We often pass these things each day and never stop to think who was responsible for the building or event being remembered. Now is your chance to learn more.
WAIOTAHI CREEK SCHOOL: The forgotten valley school 1873 - 1912
A4 size, 60 pages, with photos. Published October 2015, Covering the history of the Waiotahi Creek School, Thames. Topics include: Major events, prize-givings, families, pupils in WWI, register of pupils and much more. Available at The Thames School of Mines.
*****Correction needed to first copies. Page 22 line 2 should read "20 December 1900" (found 30/10/2015)
WORLD WAR ONE MEMORIAL FOREST
A4 size, 74 pages, with photos. Commemorating the opening of the forest at Rhodes Park.
Copy available for viewing at The Treasury, Thames and Thames Library. Printed October 2015.
Published Journal & General Articles online:
Charles Palmer Confectionery Shop, in Treasury Journal Vol 3 2010
Dr George Lapraik - Twenty Years Service to Thames, in Treasury Journal Vol 7 2014
Our Men, Men from the Thames-Coromandel District area in New Zealand Tunnelling Company
Honouring the Doctors, Local Doctors who served in WWI, at The Treasury website
Pioneers of Kapanga [Cornes Family] Treasury Journal Vol 3 2010
ROSLYN (Miss Margaret Anne Sinclair) at The Treasury website
Shanghai - A proud American at the Thames, in Treasury Journal Vol 9 2016
Tararu Cemetery, in Treasury Journal Vol 5 2012
Thames Hospital Matrons, in Treasury Journal Vol 4 2011
Thames Hotels, in Treasury Journal Vol 2 2009
Thames Streets: Old & New, in Treasury Journal Vol 2 2009
Correction 27/5/2016. DANBY STREET was named after Mr Stan Danby NOT Mr Howard Danby as stated in the book. More information at: http://goo.gl/8fmkmE
The Giant Kauri Tree, in Treasury Journal Vol 3 2010
THE MAORI PIONEER Battalion Of Hauraki, at The Treasury website
The Thames Playground, in Treasury Journal Vol 8 2015
Visitors to The Thames, in Treasury Journal Volume 9 (2016)
Wakatere, in Treasury Journal Vol 6 2013
Unpublished Works at The Treasury:
Research Folders for: Mines & Batteries, Pre and post 1930 Thames Businesses, Thames Hotels & Licenses, WWI & WWII, Thames Streets, TCDC Military Nurses, Thames Star Collection 1939-1956, Auckland Star Obituary Collection, and Thames Hospital Nurses' Graduations.
Current Books in progress (God willing! If not pipe dreams never completed):
Thames Businesses, Thames WWII, Lost Landmarks III, Thames Then & Now, and The Thames Through their eyes.
Book Sales: At Trademe, Thames School of Mines and at The Treasury
Plus 1000s of memorials added at Find A Grave: Tararu Cemetery, Shortland Cemetery and Old Thames Cemetery.